Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

YUMMY Fall Recipe

I got this from Food Network Magazine (I heart FNM!), and it was so freaking good and equally easy. It's only 4 (or 5) ingredients.  It screams "WELCOME TO FALL!"  It's not all that bad for you.  And the girls ate it up.  In fact, Noelle scarfed it.  Ready?  It's so simple. 

Ingredients:
4 sweet potatoes
2 apples (whatever kind-- I used Jazz yesterday and Granny Smith today on the leftovers), peeled and diced
2 Tbsp butter
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese

1. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake them, 50 minutes-1 hour on 400.  I lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put them on there.

2. When potatoes are done (or almost done, depending on how ravenous you are), put butter in a saute pan and melt.  Add apples and pinch of cinnamon.  Saute until tender.

3. Top potatoes with apples and cheddar.

Oh. My. Goodness.  It was so good.  I'm pregnant, so you can chalk up my enthusiasm to that, but seriously, these were yummy.  And like I said, Noelle horsed hers. 

Yay for Autumn flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment