Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

We have a preschooler!

Riley had her first day at WBC preschool!  She has been more than a little excited, and the acquisition of her new rolling princess backpack only added to the anticipation.  Seriously, the girl cannot get enough of her backpack.  Who knew?

I still feel like I'm going a mile a minute after our last month, so I woke up, stressed and feeling like I was on turbo mode.  So after wolfing down my bagel and chugging a glass of water, I threw Riley in the tub (while Noelle still slept-- hurray!).  Then she got to choose her own clothes.  I think I will always love what she picked out.  My favorite part of the ensemble, of course, is the socks.




And you can see what I mean about her feelings about her backpack.  The only reason she would actually hang it on her hook when we got to school was that they had such amazing toys.

Here are the logistics of the day, as far as I know:

Teachers: Mrs. Hauser and Mrs. Rodriguez
First classmates she met: Jacob (Jake) and Nicolas
Storytime: The Big Red Barn
Colors of the month: yellow and red
Bible verse for the month: 1 Peter 5:7: "He cares for you."

When I dropped her off, I really think she couldn't care less that I was leaving.  Mrs. Hauser helped coerce her into saying goodbye to me! :)

When I picked her up, she was equally as ecstatic about the preschool experience.  This was further evidenced when we got home.  I think her enthusiasm was so overwhelming that she had forgotten one detail...

We got home, she walked in, loudly announced, "I have to go to the BATHROOM!" Then she promptly peed all over herself and the floor.  Ha!  Preschool, you clearly are awesome.

And since we're on bodily functions, I should probably mention that, when I gave Noelle her bath, she pooped in the tub.  What?!

So it's been a very, very exciting day. :)  Can't wait for Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment