Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Boy doll??

Both of my girls love babies.  Riley loves them indiscriminately. 

She loves little plastic babies.  She loves baby dolls...

And she loves real life babies...
 

Noelle loves the plastic babies and the baby dolls... (that's a kiss, by the way... with a spoon)

And she does love real babies.  As long as they don't try to monopolize any of her Mommy time.  (Note her look at Aubrey here.  So, Baby, how long are you going to be here?)

And, yes, Noelle is wearing her helmet and a tennis ball costume in that last picture.  She has her own style, I guess. :)

But here's my point: Riley, I think, is going to adjust amazingly well to Baby Boy.  Noelle... well... that might be more of a transition.  So I was thinking I would get them both baby boy dolls.  I know my parents got me a Cabbage Patch Kid when Brandon was born, and I'm pretty sure I loved that little thing.  And I can picture myself encouraging the girls to nurture "their babies" whenever I have to pay attention to Little Man.  

The problem is that boy dolls are definitely harder to come by than girl dolls.  I searched Amazon for "cabbage patch kid boy" and ONE option came up-- a boy with blue and red hair.  What?!  When I searched for just "boy doll", I got a few more options, a couple of them cute.  So, if anyone out there is reading this and has helpful advice or suggestions, I would be so very grateful!  I've just begun the search, so maybe I'll stumble across an amazing little guy, but-- of course-- it doesn't hurt to ask!  

Alright... begin Operation Boy Doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment