Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Preschool, Day 2

I know the novelty of Riley attending preschool will wear off at some point-- for me!-- but today is not that day.  It's still a little crazy to me that my little girl is going to SCHOOL!  And it does my heart so good that she absolutely loves it.  As my dad said today, "May it always be so!" 

Riley has actually been asking to go back to preschool every day since her first day, last Thursday.  So today, when I told her that it was Tuesday, she gasped and whispered with excitement, "School!" 

Today, they fingerpainted big pictures of apples, which Riley, I must add, did amazing at.  This is big because the girl isn't really all that into coloring.  I think that, maybe, she's made one attempt at the Sunday school crafts-- no more.  But her apple is awesome.  And I think it helped that they got to put glitter on it, too.  And they read Eric Carle's From Head to Toes, a book she knows and loves.  They do storytime at the end of the day, so I got to peak in and see her wriggling her hips (like an alligator).  I love that she participates!

While Riley was living it up at preschool, Noelle and I headed to the library for some fun one-on-one time.  It seems that Noelle doesn't really particularly care where she goes, as long as she gets to walk and have her freedom.  I thought she'd be super excited about reading with me and playing with the puzzles in the children's section, but she really just wanted to walk and run around in circles.  Ha!  Once I eventually coerced her into the kids' place, she did like the puzzles, but running around and pointing out things on the murals was probably more fun. 

After a little while, Noelle requested a snack, so we headed home.  She had some pretzels then got down from her chair to play.  Enter, my first favorite part of the day... 

Now, there's no doubt that Noelle loves me, but she REALLY loves her big sister.  I think that's why, for a good ten minutes, all she did was lounge on Riley's bed, as if to say, "You're cool, Mom, but when's my best friend coming back?"  And that ties into my second favorite part of the day-- and this one's even better.  When we went to get Riley, Noelle waited patiently outside the door while I signed Riley-girl out of her class.  When we walked out of the room, Noelle came running, let out a joyful scream and threw her arms around her big sister.  It made me melt.  And she stayed like that for about 30 seconds.  This was quite the hug.  I pray that they continue to love each other this much!

No comments:

Post a Comment