Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WE HAVE FIRST STEPS!!!

I mean, it still counts if she only takes two steps, right? We're counting it.

I just got back from a trip to Riley's doctor, and, inspired by her exceptional, one-hand-supported walking when she was getting a little stir crazy (and by the fact that I had to answer a few of those is-she-on-schedule questions with a "no"), we practiced walking in the living room. We started with playing the Standing Game (one-two-three... standing girl!!), and I held her at arm's length. Then, after she was on her own two feet, I asked excitedly, "Can you walk to Mommy?" Apparently, she could because, twice, she took two faltering steps to me. On the second time, she nuzzled into me, and I asked her if she wanted to take a nap. She nodded yes (her new thing), so that's why we stopped at two steps. That's also why I'm currently able to record this moment in blog form. I'm hopeful that we may even get up to three steps today. Can you imagine? :)

Either way, I'm so proud of our little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of Riley, too! Next up... pictures of her walking in her new cute headband! Oh, and did you tell her Dr. that she indicates her desire for a nap by communicating?! I'd say that puts her ahead of schedule... amazing. Our babies are growing up!

    ReplyDelete