Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

big, BIG day

Today, we have two hugely exciting events happening. First, at 1:00, my parents and little bro land at O'Hare! It's been a LONG time since they've come out this way, and even though I saw them in June, I just can't wait for them to get here. We won't get to see Brandon until Sunday, as he's heading off to a friend's wedding, but my parents are driving straight from the airport to BIG EVENT #2...

Our 20-week ultrasound!!! If Baby's cooperative, we're going to find out if we're having a little boy or girl. Whoa. It's a strange feeling to me. For Riley, we didn't know she was a girl until she arrived in the world. The idea of knowing before the baby comes is really foreign to me. I guess that's a silly and an obvious comment at the same time. Either way, though, I'm extremely pumped. Actually, if I had my druthers, I'd get the third bedroom cleared out and start painting pink or blue as soon as we got home. :) I'll try to show some restraint, though.

My feeling is that this one's a girl, too, though in the past couple days, I've had some random thoughts/daydreams about a little boy arriving on the scene. I'm going to stick with the girl instinct, however. We'll see how good I am at this instinctual thing.

Goodness... this afternoon can't come soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Enjoy the ultrasound and getting to see your sweet baby! I thought my second would be another little boy...but I was wrong. I, apparently, stunk at the instinctual thing. Enjoy your time with your family too!! (Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too, by the way. We can be blogger friends!)

    ReplyDelete