Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poor Choice... Paying for It

Yesterday morning, I was scrounging around for something to eat for breakfast. I often scrounge. It's one of the main disadvantages of having celiac. No easy bagel for breakfast. Not even a Dunkin' Donut splurge every now and then. Mike tossed me a gluten-free Starbucks pastry that I had picked up Saturday morning. I had finished half of it, but I had left the other half in a Ziploc on the counter. Now, I can't say this with 100% certainty, but after the past two days, I'm thinking that it's not a good idea to eat a warm pastry which has it's first ingredient listed as "whole eggs." If you refrigerate it, it's probably fine, but otherwise... watch out.

Within, I'd say, 20 minutes of eating said pastry, I was sprinting to the bathroom to lose whatever minimal food and liquid was in my stomach. Then, about half an hour later, I repeated the event. I think that's enough said about that episode.

The rest of the day, I was up and down. As long as I laid low, I was pretty good. However, some time in the evening, the pastry punished me again, this time from the other end. Again, I think brevity is called for, but let's just say that-- since my stomach is just now feeling somewhat normal-- lesson learned.

Don't let this happen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment