Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sansala

The Green family sponsors three "little guys" from Compassion International and World Vision (one from the former, two from the latter). First, a shout-out to those organizations. Wow, they're amazing. If you have the means, consider getting a "little guy" for yourself. We just got a letter from Sansala, a little girl who we sponsor in Sri Lanka. We started supporting her when Riley was born, so when Riley gets to be old enough, they can write each other. I've received a couple letters from Sansala's dad, but this was our first from her. I started crying when I read what she said. Here's the contents of her letter:

Dear Heather,
With love writing you this letter to you. Thank you very much for your introductory letter. I got to [know] many things about you. Your likes. I know you love me a lot. I also love you. You love your husband and daughter, I also love them. Please do convey my regards to them. I am very sad to say that my mother is not alive. She ate poisonous fruit and left my father, my elder brother and me. Can I call you Heather mother if you like only? I am going to school. I love to study. I can also dance well. My preschool teachers Nisha and Geetha taught me to dance well. I love my teachers they are very kind. My village is very beautiful. Now this is the dry season. It is very difficult to tolerate the hot climate. I also love pets, there is a pet cat, and a pet dog at my house. I love to see your family photo. Please send me a photo. When I grow up, I will do a good job and will visit you. You can wait and see that I grow and come to visit you. I wish you and your family protection and prosperity! God bless you!

From ever-loving

Sansala daughter and family

I just want to hug this little girl. Hopefully, with God's help, someday I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment