Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

lovely day

What a lovely and relaxing morning we've had so far!

Riley and I both got out of bed a little after 7:00 (though I was awake at 5:00. I just lay and read. Beautiful). Since Michael didn't have to be at work till 9, we spent some time with him, and I was even able to get myself looking somewhat presentable while Riley watched him make breakfast. After Mike left, Riley and I laughed and shouted with glee through almost the entire bath time. Everything was hilarious, from banging cups on the tub ledge to clapping the water, so it splashed out onto Mommy's legs. Oh, I love that little girl. Then we strapped Kona up and took a nice little stroll on an absolutely gorgeous day. We spent half our time going through the neighborhood and half our time on the Prairie Path. The Prairie Path is a luxury I had been avoiding while it was just me with the two girls. Last spring, when I attempted the walk, Kona was a disaster-- sniffing at people's nether-regions and leaping excitedly at bikers. This does not work when you also have a baby in a stroller and your dog is, undoubtedly, stronger than you. However, these past couple weeks, I decided to give Kona another chance, and it's paid off big time. She's mellowed out and adjusted to other passing gambolers. Besides the occassional distraction of a particularly interesting leaf or stick, she's perfectly well-behaved. I'm so grateful because I've realized, in our last few walks, what I've been missing. This morning, as we made our way along the path, it was so peaceful and soothing, I was tempted to curl up and take a nap right then and there. Plus, one of my favorite parts (near our house, at least) is a little "bridge" that is open on both sides, though large wild flowers try their hardest to block one's view. The smell is intoxicating. It's a little lilac-y, even though I don't think lilacs are present. However, I'm not a botanist or even a gardener, so I could be wrong. Either way, it's delicious. The whole event puts me in such good spirits. In fact, we've been making a couple trips to the Prairie Path each day, just because it's so absolutely wonderful.

Today, when we returned from our stroll, we played a little in the living room. Kona rushed after Cheerios that Riley dropped; Riley demonstrated her outstanding ability to push her cute little pink toy stroller. She's showing a great affinity for walking, even if it is still supported. In fact, she likes pushing things so much that when the stroller isn't available, she'll maneuver herself behind her high chair and start giving it a nice shove.

Riley now is waking up from her nap, singing to herself in her crib. The day is just getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment