Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Look at this... four days without a post. See, this is the kind of dangerous back-sliding that corrupted my other blog attempts. I have to jump on this lax behavior before it goes too far.

With that said, here goes...

Today is an exciting day. At 9:30, Michael, Riley and I will be sitting in the first row of Wheaton Bible Church, ready to walk onto the stage for family dedication. I would normally call it baby dedication, but after our prep class, family dedication is much more fitting. After all, the congregation will be pledging to uplift all of us and support us as we promise to do our best to give our family and our parenting to God. I can't wait to be up there with those four other couples, holding our baby girl, remembering that she is a gift from God and God's own child.

Mike's parents and our nephew, Benjamin, are coming to the service. Jeff and Sarah will join us after the service as they are finishing their weekend celebration of FIVE WHOLE YEARS of marriage! Woohoo! It should be a wonderful family event. I'm just sad that my family can't be here. We will, however, get to see them soon. Even Brandon will be coming out at the end of July! It'll be a packed house here in Wheaton!

In preparation for their coming, Mike spent yesterday, painting our basement guest bedroom. We picked out the paint color in the morning, and off he went! I wandered down there just a little while ago, and it dried really nicely. We have some prints ready to frame and put on the walls and-- tada!-- ready to be lived in. Other than that, life hasn't been horribly exciting. Riley is getting a few more teeth in. It's about time; she only has five! She had a little fever and is obviously not her normal cheery self, but overall, she's been a trooper.

It's nearing 7:00, and I should dry my hair and get ready for the lazy bums to roll out of bed, too. This was a boring post, but at least it was a post... right? :)

Here's a new cute picture, just for fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful and congrats to you and Mike on baby #2! I went to Taylor and had a bunch of classes with Mike. I found your blog randomly through some other TU folks blogs. We just had our second baby in January of this year, so I can relate to all you are going through. Enjoy your pregnancy and sweet little girl. Please tell Mike I said hi. Take care! Ali Moser

    ReplyDelete