Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

A Step Closer

I was going to compose this post yesterday morning, but now I'm very glad I waited. My original attempt was to answer the much-asked question: "Is Riley walking yet?" The answer, both yesterday and today, is no. However, we did get a tiny step closer yesterday afternoon.

We went to the Rosens' house for Breakfast at Wimbledon-- delicious breakfast burritos that Robb cooked up. We supplied the strawberries and cream. :) As we were sitting on the couch, watching Roger and Andy battle it out, Riley crawled up to Mike with two little, metal bowls in her hands. While leaning again Mike and the couch, Riley proudly banged the bowls together. Then, after a few moments, I noticed that she was no longer leaning but was, indeed, standing unsupported and drumming to her heart's content. "Michael!" I yelled. "Look at her! She's standing!"

I know... she's fifteen-months-old; this should not be a huge deal. But when your child has shown the ability but absolutely no desire to try some non-crawling movement, you take what you get. So, periodically yesterday, we played the "standing game." I held Riley's hands and said, "Ready? One... two... three!" Then I let go and cheered with GREAT enthusiasm as she stood on her own. When she's making an effort, she can hold it for 10-15 seconds or so. Oh, we're so proud!

Next step... a step!

1 comment:

  1. GO RILEY!! It's just a matter of time before you're running around the house, driving your parents crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete