Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lovin' the Parade

I've never been a parade person. They usually affect me with this strange feeling of strangling claustrophobia and, of course, a good dose of boredom. After today, I think the reason for that is that I never have done a parade quite the right way. In order to enjoy a parade, I learned, you must bring your adorable doll of a child AND-- very important-- good friends. With these additions, I guess I'd have to say I've been converted to one of the parade-types. I actually don't quite remember the floats and paraders all that much, quite honestly, but I do remember the laughs and fellowship. And that matters more. Much more.

Since I have very minimal details on actual parade events, here are some adorable pictures of Riley, Robbie, the totally decked out wagon (nice job, Ashley!), and the events of the day.

Robbie and Riley, picking stars and stuffing faces, respectively


Robbie and Ashley


Riley and Daddy


Riley was allowed to indulge in cheese popcorn; therefore, 4th of July is now her favorite holiday.


Oh my goodness... These two are HILARIOUS together!

Someday, oh someday, I'll learn to walk on my own.

1 comment:

  1. You are the best blogger EVER! Hilarious. I agree, the parade was much more fun to us this year since we got to experience it with you! Love the picture of Riley giving Robbie the sour face as he tries to go in for a snuggle... and I do think everyone should know that our fabulous wagon-decorating was a JOINT effort! You worked wonders with the crepe paper...

    ps. When I tried to tell a story about one of the floats at lunch, I totally got the details wrong. Rob had to correct me and set the record straight. Apparently I wasn't paying much attention to the parade either. There were too many cute-baby moments going on!

    ReplyDelete