Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Homemade Christmas

I wrote this a few days ago, so pretend that it's before Christmas... :)

I've been making some Christmas decorations and presents this year, and I've been pretty excited about how they've turned out. There's just something wonderful about looking at a finished product and saying, "I made that!"

I'll post pictures of the gifts after they've been given, just in case the receivers read this. However, I can put some of our decorations on here!  With the arrival of Brooks and the chaos of life, it was not a very elaborate Christmas season, but we couldn't go without stockings! The girls had stockings already, but they were just cheap red felt stockings that I had bought and embellished. Brooks, of course, is experiencing his first Christmas, so he was stocking-less. I decided that all three kids, therefore, needed new stockings. I let the girls help me pick out the fabric, and here's what we came up with!



Our next piece of decor was inspired by something I saw on my new best Internet friend, Pinterest. :) I knew the girls would love it, and I was going to show paint who was boss! I'm not afraid of your messiness, paint!!  This isn't a picture of the one we made, but you get the idea.  I use Noelle's hand as the star and Brooks' foot for a tree trunk, too.  It's a little handprint Christmas tree like this one.

And there's one gift I can post on here because the recipients can't read yet. And, to be honest, I've been making it in front of them because, well, otherwise, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I think they're adorable, and I'm so happy I found the idea here for these magnetic paper dolls. I think the girls are going to love changing up the outfits, and since the dolls/clothes are magnets, they're more durable than just paper.


And I snapped a couple pics of the girls, post-present opening.  They loved it.


I've just been wrapping almost all the presents while watching Muppets Christmas Carol, and boy oh boy, am I getting excited! I can't believe Christmas is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment