Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

When it rains...

My friend, Ashley, texted me yesterday after reading my blog post.  She sweetly offered to get us anything we needed at Target and encouraged me that it could only be up from here! 

But that was before I looked in Riley's throat and saw something the likes of which I've never seen before.  Now, what you have to know is that I was a chronic strep-y.  I can't count the number of times I've had strep throat in my life, so I feel pretty adept at recognizing it.  But this was horrific.  It looked like an army of canker sores was lining the back of my little lady's throat.  I cringe, just thinking about it. 

The poor girl has been saying that her mouth and tongue hurt for a few days, but I just never thought to look.  Not that when I did look, it was very easy.  She opens her mouth about a centimeter and half-heartedly sticks her tongue out.  Normally so cooperative, she shuts down when she's not feeling well. 

Anyway, it was around 5:00 that I checked her throat, and I immediately threw the girls in the car to head to Convenient Care.  Michael, bless him, was on his way home early from work, so he headed to meet us there.  The Danada Convenient Care was CLOSED due to a building power outage (what?!), so we went back out through the traffic to the Glen Ellyn one. 

I won't dwell on the details, but it seems that Little Miss Noelle most likely had Hand Foot and Mouth, earlier this week, and Riley was the most recent beneficiary.  Sadly, what that means is that-- since it's a virus-- there's really no medication for it but time.  We can pump her full of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, but that's essentially it.  The doctor did prescribe us something that I'm supposed to swab on the back of her throat with a Q-tip (I almost laughed out loud when she told me this), but, as Mike said this morning, that's a two-person, MINIMUM, job. 

So we're still on the mend.  Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment