Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Riley Collection

As I've been perusing a variety of sewing and crafting blogs, I found that Jessica, of mesewcrazy.com (see sidebar!) had created clothing "collections" for her daughters for different seasons.  This, quite frankly, is wonderful and adorable.  And since Riley will be in PRESCHOOL in September, I thought I'd try to give her her very own collection.  Okay, so she'll only be at school two days a week, and only for a few hours, but still-- this is pretty monumental and worthy of some Mommy-made clothes.  So far, I have two skirts and one dress.  Next up is a reversible (ooooo!) tunic.  I couldn't wait any longer, so I just snapped a few pics of the skirts.  I took some of the dress, too, but they turned out blah.  You'll have to wait on that one.

So here we go.  First up in the Riley Collection is a simple double-ruffle skirt.  Made from coordinating chocolate and teal fabrics I got in the clearance section of Joann's (bargain!!) last year, this skirt is girly without being over-the-top.


For those days when a girl just needs to be a little fancier, this next look is created from gorgeous Amy Butler fabric.  With a flat front, shown is the elasticized and gathered back, complete with oversized bow.  It's playful and just a touch elegant.


How does that sound?  Can I host a fashion show now?

I will get shots with the clothes actually ON Riley-girl, but if you've been tracking with her health, that would just be cruel right now.  And photoshoots wait for no girl!  So... hangers get the win, this time around.  Clearly, though, everything looks better with an adorable three-year-old in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment