Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Zoo Antics

We love Cosley Zoo.  It's absolutely perfect for the current Green girl stage of life.  It's small enough that Riley can walk around the whole thing a few times without getting tired.  And the animals are close enough that the girls occasionally get to pet the goats and even the horse.  Yesterday, Riley was cracking me up.  I mean, the girl was on a roll.  Here were her top comments of the day...

First, we made it over to the snakes, which Riley-girl loves.  She danced around a little in her excitement about the snake; then she stood and stared at it for a little while.  Eventually, she cocked her head and said, "Hey, Snake!  So... what'd you do today?"  This is Riley's go-to conversation starter.  Sadly, Snake wasn't feeling very talkative yesterday.

Second, Riley was leading the way through the area where you can see the foxes, raccoon, deer and peacocks.  She walked on ahead of me and exclaimed, "Oh!"  I asked, "Is someone there?" then moved a few steps closer and added, "It's the peacock!"  Riley looked at me and answered, "No.  It's just Kevin."  Perhaps she's a little too attune to Pixar characters.*

Last, we were nearing the end of our outing, so I asked Riley if there were any other animals she wanted to see again.  She contemplated for a moment, then exclaimed, "Let's see the pigs!  Tha's what I'm talking 'bout!"  Where she comes up with these things, I don't know.  But I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment