Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

"Coffee"

I don't drink coffee; I drink "coffee." Mike is super awesome and a real adult, to boot, so he drinks coffee, BLACK coffee. Does it get any more manly than that? My Starbucks order is enough to send him into a shudder. It usually sounds something like this: soy caramel white chocolate frappuccino, hold the whip, but absolutely, yes, I still want the caramel drizzle. Go to town on that drizzle!

But my life may have recently been changed, and my bank account subsequently saved. On our playdate with the Barnetts, Celeste offered me some coffee. I sighed and told her how I couldn't quite handle it. My coffee has to look more like a really bad cup of hot chocolate, where someone only put 1.5 scoops of the powder in instead of 3 heaping tablespoons. She volunteered her creamer. I thought, Okay, Green... man up. Let's try this thing. And what do you know? With a mix of roughly 50% coffee, 50% creamer, I found myself drinking happily.

Yesterday, I went out a bought some, you guessed it, white chocolate creamer. When I woke up this morning with a splitting headache, I asked Mike to make me some coffee. He did, and I'm on my second cup.* Plus, my head's feeling better, and I don't need to go drop nearly $5 at the 'Bucks.

Who knew adulthood could taste so sweet?



*Note: This really equals one mug of coffee. Recall my coffee: creamer ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment