Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

More Crockpot Goodness

Okay, I'm clearly trying to plan dinner right now, and I would be negligent if I didn't mention one of the best sites out there for cooking moms: A Year of Slow Cooking.  As an added bonus for my family, she eats gluten-free, so I don't have to make any adjustments.  So here, for your viewing pleasure, are a few of my favorites of hers that we've tried in the Green household.  Oh, and the other thing that I really like about her site is that she gives a verdict for the recipes, so you can adjust accordingly.  And without further ado...

American Chop Suey  We did this a couple nights ago.  It was my second time making it, and it was YUMMY!  The girls liked it, too.  Always a bonus.  When I told Mike I was making American Chop Suey, he, naturally, expected Asian-inspired flavors.  Don't be deterred if you don't like to order out or Chinese-- it's highly American and highly delicious. :)  I really like the leftovers, too, even though the noodles do get pretty soft.  The flavor's still great.

Creamy Tacos  We haven't tried this yet, but it got rave reviews from my friend, Celeste.  Her 22-month-old also ate it.  Again, if the kids eat it, even better.  I'm going to try it soon.  If I had chicken on hand, I'd make it now.  Next week.

UPDATE: I made this tonight, and Mike declared that it was "one of the best meals he's had."  This seems a slight exaggeration, but I'll take it. :)  I really like that you can throw random things into the crockpot, depending on your preferences.  I tossed some black beans and frozen corn in.  Yummy!

Enchilada Casserole  I love her description of this.  And I'd agree with it.  It's super yummy, and we don't care how it looks!  And as long as I don't overdo the enchilada sauce, it's not too spicy for the girls.  We do like Mexican in our house, mostly because it's often naturally gluten-free.  This one's simple and a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment