Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleep is for the weak

I've never been a great sleeper. At least my mom will tell you stories of a platinum blonde little lady who would wail determinedly for hours instead of falling asleep. Not that I believe her, seeing as how I'm pretty sure I was the perfect child. (Cough.)

Pregnancy doesn't help the situation, and Baby Boy's imminent arrival just adds another reason to lie in bed, mind racing. Last night, my mind raced everywhere (ka-chow!) and throughout the night. Eventually, at around 3:30, I turned my phone on to make a to-do list. Sure, I wasn't going to DO any of the things in the next few hours, but I thought that maybe if they were written down, I could stop mulling them over for a little. Does anyone else function this way?

To-do lists usually do help me calm anxiety, which, for me, is often caused by expectation alone. Last night, however, the mind just kept on going.

I thought about what I have to do before Baby arrives. (Good grief, I need to clean the nursery. There's a pack of toilet paper in his crib, for heaven's sake!) I thought about our war zone of a laundry room. I thought about "Parks and Rec." I love that Amy Poehler. And I love Leslie Knope and characters who bring out the best in other people, even unlikely people. So then I thought about WALL-E, for the same reason. (Note: don't you dare even think about knocking WALL-E. I heart that little robot.) I thought about what I'm making Erin for her THIRTIETH birthday!! I'm really pumped about it and want to say more, but I know she reads the blog, sometimes, on study breaks. I thought about things I want to sew for the girls. I thought about how I need to finish their Halloween costumes, STAT! I thought about changing the sheets in the guest room. And there was more... But you get the picture, right? Mostly get-it-done! stuff.

I was wide awake, too. Unlike most sleepless nights, I wasn't miserable and increasingly more crabby. :) I was just wide awake. And I'm sure I'll carry that energy into the day with me...

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

In other words, here's hoping for some really potent Starbucks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment