Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Got it...?

"A terrible cold is a cold that is no good at being a cold. I have an EXCELLENT cold." -Mo Willems

First, I just have to say, "Tylenol with codeine, where have you been all my life? Or at least for the last three days?"

I've had off-the-charts awful sore throat and ears these past few days. It's been a very strange thing. My nose isn't really all that bad, but my oh my, all I've wanted to do is rip my throat out. What do you think is the success rate of neck amputations? Just wondering, you know, for next time.

I went into the doctor on Thursday because I was unable to talk or swallow without excruciating pain, and, therefore, I couldn't sleep either. Not a great situation. She prescribed me some antibiotics, and I'd taken every prescribed dose thus far. But I woke up this morning in even worse shape. This is not the way I was hoping to spend the weeks leading up to labor.

By the way, my babycenter.com update had on my checklist for this week to "lay low and take it easy." oh, babycenter, how you make me chuckle.

Anyway, I went back into the doc, and she said that it seems like a really bad virus (since antibiotics had zero effect). She then saved my life by prescribing some Tylenol with codeine. In case you're worried, I even called the OB to double-check this was okay for Little Man. It is. But, he said, it may also make me groggy. "Even better!" say I! :)

I'm an hour and a half into my first dose and am swallowing without wincing. The pain's not totally gone, but still, praise the Lord! I may sleep tonight! I was so excited that I had to pull up my blogger app and post for my whole three (four?) fans to read!

And if you're still with me, here's some more, totally unrelated news... I THINK we've settled on Baby Green's name! No, I'm not going to tell you, but here's a hint...

It's not Grayson. Okay, I really did that hint thing just to give Michael a little start. (Did it work?) Hehe. See; you can tell I'm doing better. But really, the name's not Grayson, which is a shame because I actually REALLY like that name. But could I live with myself if I named my kid Gray Green? Nope. So anyone out there creating a boy name list, consider Grayson. That's a freebie for you.

As for OUR name... You'll just have to wait to find out! And maybe not too long! Hip-hip-hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment