Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sewing Me a Pumpkin

I saw these super-cute burlap pumpkins on Pinterest the other day, and I decided I wanted to try them.  They couldn't be all that hard to make, right?  Turns out, they were easy as pie and really fast, too.  What a great combo.  I didn't want to go out and buy burlap before I made my first attempt, just in case it did fail.  What I did, instead, was make a kid-friendly version, using snuggly minky fabric that I had on hand.

I wanted to make them a little more, uh, shabby chic.  So instead of hiding my seams, I left them in plain sight.  Here's my first little guy.

 He now resides with Aubrey, who Riley thought would really like him.  Riley is truly sweet and thoughtful.  She was very excited to pass along the little pink pumpkin.

But Riley also wanted us to have one, too, so during naptime yesterday, I made another one-- this one with pink and green.  Riley slept with it last night, but Noelle got to play with it during the day.

It doubles as a swell hat, apparently. :)


Pumpkins... not just for decoration any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment