Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just like Sister

I mentioned, a couple posts ago, how I was sent to the hospital to have Noelle after an abnormal non-stress test.

Well, it's looks like Baby Boy is already trying to be like one of his big sisters. Not entirely... don't worry... he's not here yet. But he did go through some of the same motions Noelle did.

Remember, Noelle's fluid levels were low. And the non-stress test showed her heart rate dropping every now and then.

While I was having the NST yesterday (which they've been having me do because of my "history"), I kept thinking, "Huh... This is just like Noelle." The doc came in to check a few times, I saw little dips on the print-out, and they kept me strapped up for quite some time. Sure enough, when Dr. Larry had finally seen enough, he asked me when my last ultrasound was (about 4 weeks ago) and if I'd ever been to the Warrenville office (where I know they have an ultrasound tech). Now I'm not dumb; I knew what was coming.

"There were some dips in the heart rate, which we often associate with low fluid levels," Dr. Larry told me. Then he sent me straight over to Warrenville. But not to the hospital, like with Noelle. :) I did make sure to ask the chances of my having the kid that day. He said my levels would have to be really low. Alright then...

I left the office, made calls to Mike, Celeste (who was watching the girls), and the moms/grandmoms.

A little tutorial on amniotic fluid from someone who knows next-to-nothing: anything 8 and up is fine. 2-3 is where I would have had to be for Little Guy to make an early exit. 5-6 would mean I'd be coming back in a couple days for another check.

I was at 8.2. Normal but on the low end of normal. The doc said I could proceed with my life.

But I do have an ultrasound and NST on Tuesday. And another NST on Thursday. Whoo-boy. Here we go again! I guess the little man shares my desire for him to get out into the big, wide world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment