Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Video! Can I Get a What What?!

This is a first for me; I'm putting a video on the blog. Yep. I'm taking it up a notch. The theme of this blog is bath time fun. Ready? Here we go...




Riley, as you can see, is extremely good at coming up with ideas to entertain herself. She is also very good at rummaging through the recycling bin. :)

In other bath news, this past week, we had another first. Riley was in the bathtub, having a good old time. I sat on the floor next to the tub. If you know Riley, she LOVES bath time. I mean, we really take a minimum 1-hour bath. She is a very clean child. Anyway, he was playing around, and I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but somehow, she slid down onto her back and under the water. It was like it happened in slow motion, but I really have no idea how it was physically accomplished. She didn't bonk her head or anything; it was just a smooth sliiiiiiide down into the water. But for me, the moment before she entered the water was a first. It was the first time I had really seen genuine fear on Riley's face, and I have to say that it was very jarring. Everything Mother within me screamed out. Even remembering her face gives me a pit in her stomach. It's obvious, but it's true-- mothers don't like seeing their children suffer or fear. I pulled Riley up only a split-second after she had entered the bath, but still, it was a defining experience for me. She sputtered and cried for a moment, but she recovered fairly well. Actually, she wanted to sit in the tub, holding both my hands for a few minutes, but eventually she got back to her squirter ducks. On the positive side, her slip into the water left her with a sweet major comb-over hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment