Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Garage Sale Heaven

I love buying stuff for my girls. It's just so much fun. I love seeing them in new clothes, and I love seeing them love on a new toy. This is bad.

I mean, it's good, but it's bad. First, I really don't (though I do!) want to overindulge them. They don't need everything they see as we browse the toy aisles at Target. Second, I most definitely don't have the kind of cash needed to buy everything they love (ha!). Third, we don't have room for STUFF!

But, oh, do I love a garage sale... where I can do some (almost) guilt-free shopping. Yes, I do still have to control myself. Today, I saw about 89 toy kitchens that I immediately wanted to bring home. Michael, if you're reading this-- don't worry; we do NOT have a new toy kitchen. And today, I did manage to show a great deal of self-control and scored big!

I actually had begun to make a list of things that would be really really great to find at garage sales. At the top of that list-- Duplos and clothes for Riley. I won't build up the suspense because I'm too excited myself, but at the first sale I stopped at, I walked away with-- honestly-- about $50 worth of Duplos for a whopping $4!! Plus, I got The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and three Curious George books. To top it off, I grabbed a $3 Leapfrog My First LeapPad. Then, I was off to look for clothes. Riley needs a little more added to her summer clothing, so I was mostly on the look-out for shorts. At the next sale, I added four pairs of shorts, a super-cute top, a pair of in-really-good-shape Stride Rite shoes and-- one can't have to much control-- a Little Mermaid beach ball. All this for around $6.

I came home very pleased. The Duplos are currently soaking (another awesome thing about finding very clean-able toys at a garage sale), I'm about to throw the clothes in the wash; then I'm going to throw myself on the couch, pull out my Kindle and congratulate myself on a ridiculously productive morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment