Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Slow to Anger

I really want to be slow to anger, but MY WORD, I am not liking the pain of developing that trait. 

Dear God,
Instead of giving me numerous chances throughout the day to practice patience and slowness to anger, how 'bout we just give it to me in abundance without all the hard work?  How's that sound? 
Love,
Heather

What do you think the answer to that prayer will be?  I'm not going to hold my breath. 

The thing is... I don't really think I've ever been a super impatient person.  And I think that, in general, I have a pretty long fuse.  Maybe that's part of the reason these past few days have been so hard.  I don't often feel anger welling up inside of me, like it's a tangible thing.  And I hate to admit that that's been the case, but there it is. 

At first, I tried to sit down and psychoanalyze it-- "maybe this is the terrible-twos for Noelle," "maybe I'm just sleep-deprived," "maybe Riley is just going through a phase," "maybe I need to eat better."  But here's what it comes down to: God is in control, and He will grow me through this.  Ugh, how hard is it to grow?!  I'd like to be all growed up now, please. 

In other words, if you think of it, please pray that I will be slow to anger and abounding in love. 

Here are specific situations that need a LOT of God help:

--The girls waking up in the middle of the night and screaming, usually for a toy they just decided they wanted.  This happened five times last night.

--Riley's new questioning of requests/authority.  If we ask/tell her to do something, her automatic response is "But I...!"

--Mean-spiritedness in the girls.  Sigh.  My children are human.  And they're siblings.  Doesn't make it easier.

--The longing I have to get MY stuff done.  This may be one of the hardest parts of being a SAHM.  I really want to accomplish something for myself sometimes, but I am called to take care of my children.  If there's anyone in here who still is someone other than MOM, she often has to get put on the backburner.  This is hard for me.  I need prayer that I will be okay with being Mom.  It's stupid, but I just want to sit an sew in quiet sometimes.  So I guess I need prayer to not be selfish, too.

Thanks, friends.  God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment