Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Organization

Organizing toys is AWESOME!!

Sorry... I was trying to be as enthusiastic as DJ Lance Rock.  (Know the reference?  Anyone?)  This is how I've been presenting this afternoon's project to the girls.  After a brief stint of a relatively clean living room, the entire house is again trashed with toys.  Sigh.

So this afternoon, I put on my biggest smile and told Riley and Noelle how absolutely super cool it was to keep your toys organized.  So far, Riley seems to be going for it.  Noelle is reading One Fish, Two Fish on the couch, refusing to buy into my antics.  That's fine.  For now, little one... for now.

We have this little three-drawer container for toys and bins for Duplos.  I made some labels for the drawers, complete with sad illustrations of the toys each drawer contains.  Don't judge.



Yes, that's a My Little Pony and hot air balloon picture.  Thanks for asking.

Then I began to get the toys where they belong.  When Riley asked me what I was doing, I told her how I was organizing her toys because it's really fun, AND then we'd be able to find toys when we were looking for them, AND it keeps the floor clean, AND it's what all the cool kids do.  Who could argue with that, right?

Not her, it seems.  I'm cheering her on as she finishes the project, and it's looking better in here.  That's good because this morning, I felt actual anger at the toys.  If there's something that helps you realize that you may be losing it, it's getting mad at inanimate objects.  Toys, I'm sorry for my burst of anger.  But I really am glad that I'm not stepping on you all the time... at least for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment