Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yikes

Okay... I deserve a major blogging slap on the wrist. I mean, seriously, how long as it been? It's almost October?!

Speaking of October (and fall-type things), I decided, this morning, upon waking, that I would welcome Autumn in with a pumpkin muffin craving. Therefore, as I type this blog, the muffins are upstairs, baking in the oven. Judging from the batter (and the butterscotch chips I threw in), they stand a chance of being super-delicious. I'll post the recipe if they're a success. Our successes around here, however, are kind of on a different scale. I modified this recipe to be gluten-free and egg-free, so both Riley and I can partake. I figure, if it works like that, it's got to be amazing when you use the real stuff! :)

In other news, we wished summer well with a pretty fun weekend. It started with Becky's baby shower. I love getting to see my Wheaton girls again, and-- as always-- the time together did not disappoint. Here's the happy crew, with that studly man, Eli Cook:


On Saturday morning, we packed up our stuff and headed to Snow Lake, where Ashley's family has a lovely lake house. I was stricken with a crazy allergy attack, but we managed to have a blast, nonetheless. After all, when you're with the Livingstons, how could it be all that bad?

Swinging with Grandma Pat


Riley drives the boat with Robbie's Grandpa Jack.


Robbie shows us all the fascinating things there are to see on the lake.


Then he poses in Megan's sweet shades.


Daddy and Riley pose, pre-life vest.


Riley found it somewhat difficult to maneuver in the life vest...


... but she didn't allow it to cramp her style.

Muffins are done. Jackpot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment