Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Target Fun

I really have been blessed with such good friends over the years. This morning was just another reminder of that fact.

After Riley, Kona and I had completed our standard morning walk, I decided that I needed to get out, so Riley and I jumped in the car to head to the grocery store. Right as I was strapping Riley in, Ashley called in answer to a text I had sent her earlier. See, Ashley, in all honesty, is one of the most giving and generous people I've had the privilege to call "friend." Already, my summer wardrobe was greatly improved by her maternity attire, and today, she allowed me to rifle through all her warmer gear. I mean, seriously, after I got home and loaded up my closet with all "my new clothes," I felt like I had won the lottery-- not just because I'm going to look pretty darn cute this fall, but because how many people have friends like this?

The fun, however, didn't end with Boutique Livingston shopping. Riley, Ashley, Ellie and I hung out at their place for quite some time until Robbie, that crazy-good sleeper, woke up around 10 or so! I mean, wow. Ashley quickly whipped him out of bed, and we drove ourselves over to Target for a little Starbucks and fun. We both had a few things to grab, but sometimes, it's also nice just to get out (and, I'm not going to lie, get caffeine). Riley and Robbie laughed at each other as we perused aisle after aisle, looking at everything from baby gear to fun fall decor. It really is the simple things in life. I'm glad I have people to share those simple things with.

Oh, and when I got home from Target, I realized JUST how good of a friend Ashley is when I looked in the mirror at my hair falling haphazardly out of my ponytail, my baggy shorts and t-shirt and my un-make-upped face. Walking around the store with me, she didn't once look embarrassed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am laughing and crying at the same time right now! YOU are the one who is a wonderful friend, and I am the one who is lucky! You know that the rule about our early (or not so early) morning adventures is that no one is allowed to look put together... I'm shocked that you didn't mention in your blog post the fact that you could probably SMELL the grease in my hair, and that although at the last minute I changed out of the shirt Ellie spit up on and into a new clean one, I left her vomit in my hair!! Ew, gross. Thanks for putting up with OUR craziness, and for neglecting to publicly blog about it.

    ReplyDelete