Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

To the Doctor... Oops!

This morning started off so beautifully. Riley slept in until past seven; Mike didn't have to go in to work until a little later; I got to sit on the couch and sip tea while Mike played with Riley and Kona outside. Lovely.

Then, around 8:30, my phone rang. I thought I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 10 am. However, on the other end of the line, the nurse informed me that my appointment had been a 8. Hehe... This was the appointment at which I had to drink that nasty glucose stuff, so I quickly told the nurse that, yes, I could come over right now. Then I grabbed the orange concoction, picked Riley up (who was, fortunately, actually dressed), and headed to the car. As I backed out of the driveway, I chugged the glucose. If you haven't been pregnant (or done some related test), you don't know what I'm talking about, but that stuff is just plain disgusting. I mean, really, I have a sweet tooth; I order white chocolate caramel drinks at Starbucks! But this is a whole other level of disgustingly sweet. And I really don't know how much the orange flavor helps. But it had to be done, so I downed it.

We made it to the doctor, no problem, and Riley did me the favor of being happy-- not only in the car-- but the whole time at the doctor's office, as well. This is a rare occurrence as there aren't too many exciting things to play with. However, this morning, we found the doctor's spinny chair. Goodness, there's not much better in life than a spinny chair. Riley didn't even have to sit in it; she was content with simply whirling it around. Whoever designed that seat-- Thank you!

Yes, our relaxing morning was jarred to full-alert, but when we got home, Riley went right down for a nap, and she's still hanging out in her crib as I type. Not a bad day, overall. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just had to comment and say that I LOVE the new header picture!! AACCKK! That dress is cute, but the little girl inside is cuter! Oh how we love Riley over here. :)

    ReplyDelete