Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

High Chairs and Battles

Goodness... We've had quite the number of battles over meals, as of late. Riley's just a peanut, so I try to get as much food into her as possible, but my oh my, she has not been excited to chow down. It started about a week ago. She screamed whenever we put her in her high chair. Fortunately, we've moved past that. However, just a few days ago, I made a huuuuuge chicken, rice and tomato sauce recipe for her. I tried it, and it was pretty darn good. However, the food touches her tongue and comes back out immediately. (Life lesson #1: Don't double a recipe before you're sure if your kid will even like it.) Now, she's also been into pulling her bib off. I tell her that she can't eat without her bib and replace it. She rips it off again. This morning, she was enjoying a delicious breakfast of yogurt and fresh raspberries. She yanked her bib off, and when I put it back on and gave her a nice raspberry-licious bite, she regurgitated it right back up. Oh, bother.

She must be getting her calories somewhere. Maybe she has a stash of yogurt melts hidden in some corner of her room. I'm just hoping this stage will pass quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment