Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Apple Picking

 Michael took Thursday and Friday off this past week, and we had an absolutely phenomenal weekend as a family.  I loved loved loved it. 

On Saturday, we loaded ourselves into the van and headed to Kuiper's apple orchard.  We were really hoping that the long-ish trip would pay off.  And it did.  It really did.  Honestly, it was just about as great as I could have imagined it. 

First stop-- tractors.



Then we "played" this absurdly dangerous game.  It's actually set up like cornhole, with two of these platforms.  You're supposed to chuck these fairly heavy washers into the hole.  And as you can see, they're decorated to appeal to kids, so I can only assume that they intend for the game to test out the dads' willpower and discretion (Should I toss this thing while my toddler is running in front of me?  I think I have good enough aim...)

We posed for some sweet apple-themed pictures.



And then we took our hayride out to the "main event"-- apple picking!


This was way better than I thought it could possibly be.  First, there was next to no one there.  I'm not a big fan of the crowds.  Second, the trees were loaded with apples.  Third, the apples were super low to the ground, so the girls could pick them easily.  And they were in such good shape that we didn't really even have to filter the girls' choices.

Brooks made it easy on us by being his content self.


Riley coordinated her own little model shoot.

Noelle double-fisted the apples.

Yes, Kuiper's, we did indeed start a family tradition.  We'll see you next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment