Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This is embarassing but...

... I'll tell you anyway.

Yesterday, we were hanging out at home, not doing anything too exciting.  Later in the afternoon, however, I developed a monster headache.  I popped a couple Ibuprofen, chugged two glasses of water and hoped for the best.  Nothing changed.  All three kids were up, but I thought it may help to take a bath.  I asked the girls if they wanted to watch a movie (wanna guess what they said?), and I plopped Brooks in his exersaucer and hoped for the best.  I knew the girls were fine, but I had never tried to placate Brooks with TV before. 

I was lying in the bath when the doorbell rang.  We've had quite a few solicitors, so I yelled out to Riley, "Don't open it!"  She clearly wasn't even thinking of leaving her spot in front of the movie because she quickly shouted back that she wouldn't. 

One minute passed. 

Then Kona barked.  Outside.  Where she had been for, uhhh, I'd say 20 minutes or so.  

"Oh, crap!" I gasped while I bolted out of the bath, threw a towel on, and ran to the back door.  I let the dog in and shuffled to the front door.  I looked through the peep hole.  No one there. 

So, let me just say, to the kind neighbor who brought back our dog--- sorry 'bout that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment