Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Arts and Crap

Before you're offended by my title, let me explain. Riley loves doing crafts. Her favorites, thus far, are making fingerprint pictures (under the close supervision of Mom, who doesn't need the whole house covered with ink) and play-dough. My favorite is everything because Riley cracks me up. She's a pretty darn good little speaker, but some words are still pretty unclear. When she wants to create, she looks up at me and says sweetly, "Mommy, please make crap?" She asks to do this nearly every day, and I still have to hold my laughter back. Does that make me immature? If it does, I don't care. If you could see her sweet little face, imploring me to make crap, you would laugh, too.

I don't have pictures of our fingerprint creatures, but here are some of our play-dough creations.



This alligator gets a kiss.


It's a good thing he got that loving send-off because, shortly after, he was consumed by our ravenous dog. Rest in peace, alligator.


Speaking of crafts, Riley turned painter during one of her naptimes last week. I won't go into detail (you're welcome), but here's, really, all you need to know.


In case that's not clear enough, let me just say that it's not chocolate, and the whole event was actually grosser than it looks. Think encrusted hands. Ew.

Alright, so there was double meaning to the title of this post. So sue me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment